How to find out if a multi node backup job still running?

gradinaruvasile

Oct 22, 2015
Edit:
The question relates to scripting, i forgot to explicitly specify this.

Hi,

Is there a way to find out programatically (edited) if a backup task is running if the backups are taken from multiple nodes concurrently?
I see that there is an option to run scripts when backups are running, but it seems those scripts are run on a per-node basis.

If i have a backup job that takes backups of say 3 nodes concurrently, is there a single cluster-wide method to see if the backups from that task are all done?

Last edited:
Hi
you can see in the Cluster task log if a Backup(s) is/are running.

Hi,
Yes, i am aware of that.
Is there a method of programatically determining it (this was actually the question but it seems i did not formulate it right), as in a single command?

I did hack in some scripting involving lock files placed/deleted by the hook script that also checks for other lock files placed by a script running on the storage that does rsync backups between 2 NAS instances, but i was wondering if there is a simpler way of determining it. I tried searching the cluster logs, vzdump lock files but none seemed to be a straightforward way (maybe except grepping the running process list for vzdump).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!