How to extend storage

AndyDK

Nov 11, 2017
Hi all,

Finally i've bought and installed a 180GB SSD disk to my HP Microserver Gen8, and installed ProxMox. I want to use the primary 180GB SSD disk for the OS i install through ProxMox, and the other bays (recently i've got a 1TB disk in) i want to use those as storage only. So how do i link my OS together with the 1TB disk? Right now ProxMox can see both disk's (SSD and normally disk)

Now when i had installed Win 2016 server, i can't see that storage i just added to the virtual machine. When i go under "hardware" on the virtual machine there stand 2 disks but when i go in This PC/Computer, there is only one drive. How do i find the drive?

open up Disk Management (inside of Computer Management) and format the new drive.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!