How to delete VM/CT RDD data?

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by yswery, Apr 11, 2019.

1. yswery

yswery New Member

I would like to be able to delete a specific VM/CT RRD data when removing the VM.

Currently using the API, But I can not see where to go about doing this.

The reason I want this, when we delete a VM and provision a brand new one we would like to have no unrelated historic RRD data when doing fetches for that vm/ct

Is this by any means possible? and if not through the API, is there another way of doing this?

2. yswery

yswery New Member

Does anyone have any hints I could maybe look at in order to achieve this?

tl;dr I want to be able to clear our old VM graph data on deletion

3. zima

zima Member

rrd files are in /var/lib/rrdcached/db/pve2-vm

4. yswery

yswery New Member

Do we know if there is a way we can delete those through Proxmox (API or even web) the reason I ask since we have multiple nodes in our cluster and we kind of want to avoid the need to SSH into the node and then run a delete command in terminal. would be much cleaner to be able to delete via the proxmox ecosystem if there is a way

5. zima

zima Member

In this folder you have all rdd files from cluster so no need to connect to all nodes to delete files. I don't think there is api way for this - such functionality would be used when you delete vm, but instead it's rrd file live there for ever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice