How to? Custom OVMF alongside PVE default

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Republicus, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Republicus

Republicus New Member

I wish to test a custom OVMF build from Gerd Hoffmann's repo.

Repo has cutting-edge firmware builds at:
    Code:
    https://www.kraxel.org/repos/
    Since Windows 7 is still said to have the best KVM/Spice/Agent driver support I wish to test specifically his build of OVMF with CSM enabled. I believe this may make Windows 7 guest VMs boot with UEFI and GPU passthrough which has been been a major headache for anyone who has tried - and possibly impossible without this version of OVMF with CSM enabled.

Can I install his repo along side PVE's implementation and pass an argument -bios /path/to/OVMF-with-csm.fd

2. dcsapak

dcsapak Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

since the repos are rpm base, i do not think you can just install them
    what you could do, is to extract the firmware files, and either replace ours (which would have to be done every update of our package) or
    use the 'args' parameter of a vm config to include your own efi file commandline argument with a custom path

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice