How to copy & paste in PROXMOX terminals?

moxi

Aug 18, 2017
Hi all,

I've recently installed the latest PROXMOX version without creating a new VM and I'm having following issue:

I want to copy a part from a command output in the terminal to build a new command. I have tried with noVNC but I can only copy from the terminal to the clipboard. So how can it be done?

Thanks!

noVNC is a VNC server implemented in qemu. It has no knowledge of what's going on in the VM. You may be able to copy command output to the guest's clipboard, but the VNC server has no way of accessing it. Copying to the host's clipboard via VNC can only be done if the VNC server is run in the guest.
noVNC isn't intended for everyday use, but for quick administration tasks. If you want to actually work on the VM you're much better of just SSHing into it. Then you can copy/paste into the terminal in whatever ways you're used to.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!