How to connect two VM

BrandonN

Mar 2, 2018
Colombia
Hello for everyone,
I have a Dell PowerEdge server with Proxmox, in this I have 20 virtual machines, the configuration of my network is Bond where I have 4 slaves pointing to the Bond0.
I need to install 2 virtual machines that have a public and a private output configured, this private one is to be recognized with the second machine.

In general it would be something like that in the VM1 a NIC so that it has internet access and another so that it can connect and be visible only with the VM2.
Can someone help me please? I know what I should do, the problem is that I do not know how or where to configure it.

Thanks in advance.

I need to install 2 virtual machines that have a public and a private output configured, this private one is to be recognized with the second machine.

In general it would be something like that in the VM1 a NIC so that it has internet access and another so that it can connect and be visible only with the VM2.

Assuming currently all VMs are connected to vmbr0 with bond0 as bridge port to public network. So public access is simple and works in the same way as for any other VM.

For private network define a new bridge (vmbr1) in the host without any physical port and without IP address. Assign in both VM1 and VM2 a virtual NIC to it and inside the VMs an IP address to those virtual NICs in the same subnet.

I something is misunderstood here post your /etc/network/interfaces and precise your request.

Reactions: BrandonN
Richard, thanmk you so much and thanks to God I could configure the VM1 y VM2, it was really easy, but It was one week trying to do it.
When we are begginers in something is a little bit much more difficult hehehe.

If someone read this post...

1. On Proxmox node -- Network -- Add Linux Bridge -- (As Richard told us)
2. Now go to VM's add the vmbr created -- Add -- Network -- vmbr Created
3. Start your VM TO activate and configure the interface who you added.
4. Validate doing ping VM1 -- VM2 -- VM'x
5. The subnet would be the same when you configure the interface added.
6. In my case, My OS was Oracle Linux, I needed activate and configure the interface added to be enable with the OS start.

God bless you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!