How to configure Windows Server 2019 for a handfull of RDP users?

bvrulez

Jan 13, 2022
I successfully managed passthrough for my GT710 on an old LGA1150 motherboard and I am running Windows 10 via RDP with Android Studio and a working Emulator inside the VM. I now wanted to check if I could also use Windows Server 2019 for this. It would also be good because that way I could share the setup with more people in my family. This would also be possible with Windows 10 if I manage to tweak it correctly. But I wanted to check out with the Server version.

However, I am now stuck at managing the Windows Server stuff. Do I really have to have a second (or first) Active Directory Server so I can setup a second Windows server which is acting as the terminal server so we can connect via RDP as multiple users? And does this mean I have to setup a second VM for the AD server?

EDIT: Maybe this is my solution: https://computingforgeeks.com/adding-local-user-account-to-windows-server-2019/

Last edited:
When you install Windows Server, did you install the 'Desktop Experience' ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!