[SOLVED] How to configure a virtual machine under a network port device?

zhihuiyuze

May 23, 2020
My device has only one network port. I want both the host and virtual machine to be directly connected to the router. I found that lxc can be implemented but the qemu bridge does not seem to work. How will I realize that it can make multiple virtual machines pppoe or Get IP via DHCP?

During install your only interface will be bound to vmbr0.
That's where your IP sits for Proxmox management and is also the bridge you attach to all your VMs or CTs.

I have an idea and don't know if it can be realized. Create an openwrt virtual machine and bridge to use PPPoE dial-up to obtain an IP, and then let other virtual machines access the Internet from openwrt. Because proxmox needs ifdown2 cut to conflict with pppconf. Is there any way to implement it? Or is there a better way. Please tell me, thanks!

you can attach the vmbr0 to your openwrt and create a vmbr1 (Linux-Bridge) without a physical interface attached to it.
You connect vmbr1 to all your internal VMs and CTs and have a separate private network.

The official seems to have removed ifupdown2 from the community edition and made PVE dependent on ifupdonw1. Deleting it will make it offline

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!