How to configure 2 Exchange (2003) Servers with Port 26

burgerking68

Sep 15, 2008
Hi,

i've got a problem in configure a second Exchange Server (2003 Standard) in the same domain (no sub-domain!): When i'm setting both outgoing ports of each smtp-connector to Port 26 (like the admin-guide is telling me) i've got the issue that incoming mails only arrives to the Exchange Server i configured to the mail proxy in proxmox - mails that must be "routed" to mailboxes on the second exchange server didn't leave the message-smtp-queue (in germans Exchange: "Nachrichten in Warteschlange für verzögerte Übermittlung")

Any ideas!??:confused:
Thanks for help:rolleyes:

Burgerking

Hi,

i've got a problem in configure a second Exchange Server (2003 Standard) in the same domain (no sub-domain!): When i'm setting both outgoing ports of each smtp-connector to Port 26 (like the admin-guide is telling me) i've got the issue that incoming mails only arrives to the Exchange Server i configured to the mail proxy in proxmox - mails that must be "routed" to mailboxes on the second exchange server didn't leave the message-smtp-queue (in germans Exchange: "Nachrichten in Warteschlange für verzögerte Übermittlung")

Any ideas!??:confused:
Thanks for help:rolleyes:

Burgerking

There are several problem on Exchange if you use not port 25. I this case I highly recommend to use port 25, so you have no Exchange issues.

HowTo:
See page the admin guide (documentation)
chapter "7.2 Configuration for Exchange 5.5" describing the workaround.

This is highly recommended if you have more than just one simple single Exchange.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!