How to check Proxmox logs of yesterday's

Anand

May 21, 2021
I need to check yesterday's logs of the particular VM and i need the memory was utilised at the specific time...

i am not able to see the proxmox graph logs

Attachments

• Proxmox log.png
    Proxmox log.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
I am facing issue with proxmox vm,..

I have create VM and install moodle server. Ram allocated 12GB for that, only 3 to 4 users started using it and its crossing 80% ram utilisation, for only 3 to 5 users and experienced lagging as well for those users..

Attachments

• VM utilisation.png
    VM utilisation.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Ram utilization shown in the UI is the Memory reserved by Linux Kernel for Allocation. Please login to system and see using free -m or top command to see actual utilzation

I am using Moodle server in this VM, its utilising up to 10gb, even if non of the users are using..
Please assist me to fix this issue ..!

Here i have attached the screen shot of the top command of moodle VM

Attachments

• Memory Utilisation.png
    Memory Utilisation.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 21
I am using Moodle server in this VM, its utilising up to 10gb, even if non of the users are using..
Please assist me to fix this issue ..!

Here i have attached the screen shot of the top command of moodle VM
According to this memory is assigned to buff/cache, which is normal
You dont have any memory issue in VM. The reported memory usage is nominal as process wise memory usage is low, buff/cache is memory reserved by kernel

But i am continuously facing issues of memory usage , out 12 Gb memory its utilising 10.5Gb for OS, without doing any exercise and as i checked memory usage details by using top command, buff/cache memory reserving 9.5Gb..

So kindly let me know the solution for this..

PFA....!
Screenshots are attached..

Attachments

• Buff-Mem.png
    Buff-Mem.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Moodle .png
    Moodle .png
    66.1 KB · Views: 9
There is no solution required. As memory reserved by Linux will be made available to processes as and when required. It is not a problem. You may ignore

But if i start using it, memory utilisation is increasing and coming to exceed memory and experiencing the lagging & freezing issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!