How to change iSCSI portal IP?

webfrank

May 28, 2011
Hi again, I have a 3 node cluster and a iSCSI SAN (FreeNAS 8). I configured everything on the same subnet (LVM network backed by iSCSI) and i works.
Now I added a second interface to every server connected on a separate switch which I want to use only for iSCSI.
Now I should change portal ip and reconfigure iSCSI/LVM but I don't know which is the best way to do it.

Tnx
Francesco

Hi, yes I suppose that but could I delete and re-create iSCSI targets with new IPs without loosing the LVM definition or should I delete and re-create the LVM? Will the volume group present in the iSCSI targets (2 LUN) be recognized? I don't have a test environment at the moment to test.

Hi all, I just find the way to change SAN ip address without loosing any VM:

- stop all VMs which uses the LVM to be changed in each node
- remove LVM group from GUI
- remove iSCSI targets from GUI
- add iSCSI targets with new IP
- add LVM and choose existing Volume Group (should appear)
- wait few seconds to have configuration replicated on all nodes
- start VMs

Thats all, thanks Proxmox!

Reactions: ventureaaron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!