how to both bridge and nat network

klinutzu

Jan 26, 2018
hello, i have a proxmox installation with public ip and several public IP's on vm's, but i need 2 more vm's and don't have any more public IP so i want to use both bridge mode with nat mode in same time. it's possible or not? thx

Yeah that seemed like a bit of a throw away comment. I've hit this same issue and have read through the admin-guide and found it hard to abstract an answer from it. I ended up enabling sr-iov on my card and and bridging and NATing on different VF's.

I later found this but haven't confirmed it to work but it looks sane to me:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 79.x.x.x
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 79.x.x.x
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
address 10.10.10.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
bridge_ports none
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '10.10.10.0/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE
post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '10.10.10.0/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADEWould this be okay?

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-nat-and-bridge-with-1-physical-interface.16710/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!