How to Backup/Restore Proxmox configuration?

B

borodatyj

Hi!
I have 2 nodes with proxmox 2.0(beta 3) and dedicated NFS storage for storing VM images.
Assume that both nodes suddenly damaged and i need setup new node on another linuxbox - what settings do i need backup for that?
In short: what dirs on node i need to backup for setup this node on another linuxbox if node fail?
Anyone can writing step by step process backup+restore ?

ps. sorry for bad english :)

Ok, dudes, it's obviously important thing - backup+restore proxmox configuration. how are you do this?

backup and restore of VM´s and CT´s is done via the integrated backup tool (vzdump).

if you want to backup files and settings on the host, just use a third party backup tool - there are a lot around, e.g. Bacula.

I'm talking not about backup VM, but about proxmox cluster+KVM configs and so on...
what dirs, files do i need backup?

I suggest /etc. also take a look on pmxcfs.

And the most important part, document and test your restore strategy.

thx!
But strange that Proxmox Team have'nt such wiki article :((

Feel free to add one!

i didn't know, that wiki is open for everyone. btw, i'm asking about,so it's mean i don't know right answer ))

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, everybody can write wiki articles, you just need to register. if you start working on a topic, I am pretty sure other´s will help and extend your work - that's the nature of a wiki.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!