How to assign Public IPs to each VPS?

torontob

Oct 18, 2010
Hi Everyone,

As I ready previous posts that may relate to my situation, I thought I should say "Hi" as a new member and pose a question as well.

I have a router with 3 ports on it. 1 WAN and 2 LAN ports. It's running pfSense. I have a server that has two LAN ports on it.

I want to run many CentOS instances on the server. My colocation provider will probably give me a block of /26. I want to assign each VPS that I create one of those public IPs and also give them one internal LAN IP.

What should I touch and modify in the Network page to get this working?

Thanks

Thanks, yes I found that on the pfSense forum. So, but once pfSense picks up those IPs, how do I get proxmox to assign those specific one to a specific VPS?

Thanks

are you sure you want to give your vm's extern adresses? Why not add the adresses to pfsense-wan, and translate them to local adresses?

Thanks for the input. So, we get a /27 block which is to be routed by us from our co-location provider. For as long as our VPS clients can reach their server with a Public IP and for as long as we can keep the firewall functionality on our pfSense with each Public IP as we want our customers to be secure (they ask us to block or open ports and we do that manually) then it will for us. Be it vIPs or WAN translate to LAN. However, I am not sure exactly how the translation works. If you can elaborate please?

I currently use VPS from other providers and when I do an ifconfig I see:

lo ===> 127.0.01
venet0 ==> 127.0.01
venet0:0 ==> Public IP

I think if we get pfSense and Proxmox to that then we should be fine.

Thanks again

I'm not sure what you mean with VPS clients.

This discussion should not be here, but on the pfsense forum.

Add the external adresses to the wan interface of pfsense
assign a private subnet to one of the pfsense interfaces

assign a privat ip to your vm,s, and make according rules in pfsense. See pfsense docs.

Bye.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!