How to add parameters to proxmox influxDB exporter?

Ivan Dimitrov

Jul 14, 2016
Hi, I would like to add CPU, HDD temperature, ZFS usage and other hardware related metrics to InfluxDB. I am already using the PVE metrics server exporter. I would like to know if there is a possibility to include the plugins I want to the default metrics exporter? I assume that you are using some sort of Telegraf which should allow additional plugins. Am I right and is this possible?

I already found this article https://du.nkel.dev/blog/2021-05-05_proxmox_influxdb/ This is exactly what I want achieve but wonder if there is a smarter way to reuse the existing exporter instead installing additional telegraf instance.
Thanks.

Last edited:
In the thread I linked there is comment from Proxmox team member that such feature is low priority for them, because there are different hardware variants which will make it hard to support and also most of the HW vendors provide their own HW monitoring solutions.
My request makes sense if Proxmox's solution is based on Telegraf and easily can add existing plugins.
Even if the solution is custom I couldn't find any configuration file where I can add additional parameters for export.

Even if the solution is custom I couldn't find any configuration file where I can add additional parameters for export.
There is currently none.

In the thread I linked there is comment from Proxmox team member that such feature is low priority for them, because there are different hardware variants which will make it hard to support and also most of the HW vendors provide their own HW monitoring solutions.
Yes, for temperature, but not for ZFS or other linux internal metrics like I asked for in my feature request. Those are generic and should be easy to implement.

If they are easy to implement, you are welcome to send in a patch yourself :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!