how to access a ceph pool from none ceph node

Ting

Oct 19, 2021
Hi,

I have a 7 nodes pve-cluster on a 1g network with following setup:

1. 7 nodes pve-cluster on a 1g cluster network.
2. node #1 and #2 are older machine, does not have ceph installed
3. node #3-#7 are newer, and have ceph installed, ceph is on a 10g network.
4. I created a pool (I called it "ssd-vm" on ceph, so node #3-#7 have access to this pool

but, my question is how my node #1 and #2 can access this pool "ssd-vm"? it shows up in GUI menu, but I can not use it. I know if I install ceph on node #1-#2, then I can use it, but my issue is node #1-#2 does NOT have 10g network.

any thoughts? many thanks in advance.

Hi,

what does it say when you are trying to use the pool on node #1 & #2? Are all nodes on the same version?

on node #1 and #2, this "ssd-vm" drive show gray color, and when I click on it, it show not available. Here is little more detail about my networks:

1. all 7 nodes are on a 1g network for proxmox admin, and all on a separate 1 g network for pve cluster.
2. node #3-#7 are on a 10g network for ceph, and this 10g network for both ceph public and private.
3. this "ssd-vm" is a RBD drive pool created on ceph.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!