[SOLVED] How does the ProxMox website function?

cshill

May 8, 2024
Hi ProxMox community,
I am new to ProxMox and I'm trying to switch over to it and I generally like what I'm seeing but I need to figure out the more technical aspects of how to make this function effectively and not to be thrown a confusing question months down the line.

My biggest question regards the ability to add multiple servers to the original website. Some people say as clusters but I'd group the servers that have most in common with their functions. I want the servers to be listed under the Datacenter but this is adding servers under the website of the first ProxMox server that was setup. How do I make synchronous websites so that if the first server goes down I'm not losing access to all of the other servers that were added? Is there a gui config backup option that can be loaded into the next server?

I want the servers to be listed under the Datacenter
Many have asked for this feature (central Datacenters GUI management non-clustered) but as of yet this doesn't exist.

How do I make synchronous websites so that if the first server goes down I'm not losing access to all of the other servers that were added?
In a Proxmox cluster you can enter GUI (web-server) from any of the nodes through each nodes IP address on port 8006

Reactions: cshill
In a Proxmox cluster you can enter GUI (web-server) from any of the nodes through each nodes IP address on port 8006
You are right and granted I will have a list of the servers and their IP addresses but when I set everything into a cluster will I see this cluster group from another proxmox? Do I lose any access by switching to another host?

Attachments

• 1715198462791.png
    1715198462791.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!