How do I request more than one certificate from Let's Encrypt?

senseivita

Sep 1, 2021
senseivita.com
When the request is made, how do I list a second (and third, and so on) domain in it? There's only a single field. Do I use commas? semicolons? spaces? (,/;/ )

I'm already using dns-01, it's kind of a must because of the reverse proxy, I only would like to know which is the right separator. (Please.)

I've abstained from a wildcard because when I've tried setting wildcards on Exchange Server in the past it flipped on me — specifically for SMTP. So I figured it was some sort of an SMTP rule. The docu does mention wildcard certificates though, that would be enough to clear things up* if these certificates weren't used for the API as well.

Now, I wait. :)
Thanks.

------

*: whether it's a Exchange-specific requirement or an SMTP+TLS requirement

Would not have heard that SMTP has any issue with wildcard certificates (and know of a few deployments which use them)

Apart from that - why not simply add the other domain-names in the GUI (click on 'Add' above the table with the domains)

I hope this helps!

That is… uh… I feel so stupid.

I guess it never occurred to me that the domain name for the cert could not not match the gateway's hostname even though in hindsight it was exactly what I was asking for (so stupid x2)

As for the wildcards, I'm not surprised this is a Microsoft-exclusive nonsensical limitation, it's kind of its ethos. The good thing in any case is that thanks to SPF records, it's not like there can be a laundry list of domains involved anyway, I was told on the Cloudflare console that my email may fail because I had 10+ entries on my SPF record — maybe. I don't remember if mx a ptr right after v=spf1 are entries or syntax but so far no bounces. Of course the only message I've sent this year was to a Yahoo! spamcatcher account for testing, and that thing will accept anything. :)

Sorry for taking this long, the message got buried under gray mail. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!