How do I keep track of user creations

Thank you, but this does not work - there are no entries. Yes, I'm use Linux PAM standard authentication, Proxmox VE 6.0

If you use Linux PAM standard authentication, then you have to create a system user manually, e.g. with `useradd`. Proxmox VE does not do that. You can then create a user in Proxmox VE for the GUI on top of it.

I don't think that we log this. However, you can file a request on our Bugzilla to change this.

1574857167025.png

A query. They don't know why it doesn't work to create proxmox VE authentication users, after creation I can't see the created

Could you provide the exact steps that you tried? This might be easier with command line.

Please try this:
When you add a user it should appear in /etc/pve/user.cfg. You can use the following commands to create a user named "testuser" in Proxmox VE authentication server and verify that it was really created. The second command should print "user:testuser@pve:1:0::::::"

Code:
pveum user add testuser@pve
cat /etc/pve/user.cfg | grep testuser

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!