How do I correct all the email failures

thusband

Jun 30, 2022
I'm getting tons of failures so I tried using my Proton Mail account after Gmail but it still has problems.

I guess with Gmail it's smtp issues? Proton I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure where I should start looking.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Screenshot from 2023-01-30 18-38-09.png

The screenshot shows that your node runs into a timeout when connecting to remote smtp-servers on port 25.
Since it's both gmail and protonmail (and I don't expect both of them to be really down) - my guess is that your ISP is blocking connections from your link on port 25 (many do to prevent outgoing spam).

Options you have:
* ask your ISP if this is the case and what they suggest in those situations (usually they do offer a smarthost through which you can relay mail
* configure SMTPAUTH for the accounts and send the mail on port 587 (submission) - there's many howtos in the internet for those configuration

I hope this helps!

Reactions: thusband

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!