how can I transfer part from "local" of the space to "local-lvm"

Fullmoon

Jun 19, 2020
Good day. I have a "LOCAL" section. It uses 100GB, but I'm not going to use it in any way. Tell me how can I transfer part from "local" of the space (90GB) to "local-lvm" or transfer virtual machines to "local"
1596919900953.png

local-lvm is thin provisioned and local is a directory, you can't move disks between those two systems.

Don't know if, and if yes, how it's possible to shrink local and use that space to increase local-lvm.

Don't know if, and if yes, how it's possible to shrink local and use that space to increase local-lvm.

you need to enable discard option on the vm disk, enable qemu-agent in vm options, and enable "Run guest-trim after clone disk".

(alternativly, you can use "fstrim" command inside your linux guest (but this need aldo discard option enabled first)

I do not understand. Tell me how to cut off a piece of local and transfer it to local-vm

Don't know if, and yes, how it's possible to shrink local and use that space to incre
you need to enable discard option on the vm disk, enable qemu-agent in vm options, and enable "Run guest-trim after clone disk".

(alternativly, you can use "fstrim" command inside your linux guest (but this need aldo discard option enabled first)

I think you don't quite grasp what @Fullmoon wants.
It's not about the disk of the VM - but changing sizes of the disks and directory of Proxmox itself.

Don't know if, and yes, how it's possible to shrink local and use that space to incre

I think you don't quite grasp what @Fullmoon wants.
It's not about the disk of the VM - but changing sizes of the disks and directory of Proxmox itself.

oh ,sorry.
I'll be difficult to resize/shrink.

easiest way: backup vms to external drive, and reinstall full proxmox with a small partition for os.

oh ,sorry.
I'll be difficult to resize/shrink.

easiest way: backup vms to external drive, and reinstall full proxmox with a small partition for os.
I have not seen the "local" disk management in the settings

Colleagues, how can I reduce local-lvm? tell me .. or how to reinstall proxmox to make it local-lvm 5 GB?

Was anyone able to figure this out? My server is remote and not easily accessible, so reinstalling is not an option (unless an upgrade can resize the OS disk?)

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!