How can I increase the disk size.

mehmethanifi

Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

I would like to increase that my disk size. I can do it this work from Hardware-->Hard disk--->Resize
But Does not appear to be active on the operating system. I restarted the server, but it did not improve.

How can I see this on the server when I make a change to the hardware?
Do you need to restart the server in such cases?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 15
After you increased the size in the proxmox GUI you have to increase the available space in the guest OS as well.
You can use this guide: http://www.jaredlog.com/?p=1133 (although the first part is for vmware but the steps on the guest OS remain the same).
The only thing that might not apply to you is the "resize2fs"-step. If your filesystem is xfs for example you would need to use "xfs_growfs
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00" (or whatever your volume label is).
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xahid

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!