How can I configure Veeam worker network interfaces?

yanminaung

Aug 21, 2024
Hello,

I am trying to setup Veeam 12.2 in my cluster.

I already setup the Veeam server and still need to install worker vm.

When I tried to install worker there is nothing to choose in Network drop down settings.

As per Veeam documentation, this one need to check in Proxmox network side. So can you guys suggest me for this?

I attached necessary screenshot in below. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Network Dropdown missing.PNG
    Network Dropdown missing.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 13
  • Current Network Setting.png
    Current Network Setting.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 13
Haven't tested it (do plan to somewhere in the future), but maybe it is because you're using OVS-bridges instead of Linux bridges?

Could you try adding a Linux bridge (vmbr2), probably wouldn't need any config or even an uplink (doubt Veeam would care about that during this phase) and see if you at least see options now during the installation.

If that is the cause, you'll have to report this to Veeam, but also, you'll have to decide yourself what you need more, the OVS Bridge (or at least one on all of the physical ports) or Veeam to be working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!