Hostname issue causing KVM not to start

ukhost4u

Oct 30, 2008
Hello.

I have a problem in the control panel that the KVM install is showing up under a different host name from where the actual systems are not being setup. Under the control panel and then Datacenter I am seeing 2 pull down options:

backend
orange

of which one is active. The issue is that this is not a clustered system and they both should be under the orange section where my OpenVZ image is. If I try to load the KVM system in the control panel I get: Data Load Error

I can fix this by changing the servers hostname and then restarting the control panel service though it then causes issues with the OpenVZ image under the second name.

How can I go about assigning the KVM system back to the correct section in the control panel so that I can start it.

Thanks,

Paul Hughes
Http://www.ukhost4u.com/

you post is totally confusing for me. try to tell it in a way that I can follow.

Hello.

I have included a screen shot as I think this will make it clear, its hard to explain.

Basically I need to move 101 from under backend to under orange so that it will work.

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-01 at 18.44.44.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-01 at 18.44.44.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 12
I think I have worked out why its doing this as under:
root@orange:/etc/pve/nodes# ls
backend orange

I guess we should only have one node but I attempted to copy the conf over and it was denied. I also could not see a config file which controls this in the pve-cluster manager.

Is this a bug which needs to be fixed going forward?

Paul

Hello.

Yes I did as I set it wrong on the inital setup but I had already added a system by this time. So now I have 1 per hostname and can't see a way to fix it.

Paul

I guess we should only have one node but I attempted to copy the conf over and it was denied.

The cluster file system does strong consistency check to prevent duplicate VMIDs - so copy will not work. Simply use 'mv' instead of 'cp'.

Hello.

That was a great help! The mv of the config worked and its removed the broken hostname from the web gui as well.

Thanks,

Paul

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!