I had a 3 node mini cluster that became a 2 node cluster after having to give away one host for other purposes.
Today there is a hardware failure with one of the nodes, still working on it.
No VM would start on the remaining working node because of lack of quorum.
While attempting the temporary workaround described in this thread: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/start-a-vm-without-turning-on-all-nodes.54470/#post-250881 I hit another major problem:
- tried to access the node (host) shell
Rebooting this node doesn't help.
Since at this time I can only access it remotely and only through the web interface, I can't seem to be able to do more.
All nodes running PVE-8.4.17, upgrade to PVE9 is being considered but not immediate.
EDIT: Finally, after intervening at hardware level, the second node started and I regained VM startability and access to shell on each node.
Today there is a hardware failure with one of the nodes, still working on it.
No VM would start on the remaining working node because of lack of quorum.
While attempting the temporary workaround described in this thread: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/start-a-vm-without-turning-on-all-nodes.54470/#post-250881 I hit another major problem:
- tried to access the node (host) shell
This happens while the shell console shows a bubble notification "connecting..." then shows "undefined ... code 1006".got error:
failed waiting for client: timed out
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/pve03 --perm Sys.Console -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 1
Rebooting this node doesn't help.
Since at this time I can only access it remotely and only through the web interface, I can't seem to be able to do more.
All nodes running PVE-8.4.17, upgrade to PVE9 is being considered but not immediate.
EDIT: Finally, after intervening at hardware level, the second node started and I regained VM startability and access to shell on each node.
Last edited: