Host hangs

jasonh

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I have a DL360 G4 running proxmox and every three or four days the server hangs. Originally I wasn't able to find anything in the logs however I have since plugged a monitor in to the server and this morning when it locked up I looked and found a screen full of the following:

"INFO: task kjournald:279 blocked for more than 120 seconds."
"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernal/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message"

There are other tasks such as pickup, rrdcached, master, rs:main in addition to kjournald.

A reboot gets everything going again however it is causing me a few issues as a couple of customers are getting pee'd off! Text alerts are helping but it would be nicer to not have the problem in the first place.

I would be very grateful for assistance in identifying and resolving the problem.

Kind regards,
Jason

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!