Host blank screen

simonbr

Mar 18, 2015
Hello,

I've started to test Proxmox yesterday and really like the simplicity. I downloaded the full ISO install from the site and installed it on a test system for now. Dell Studio 1737 laptop with 4 GB memory, 240 SSD, Intel dual core, vt.

I noticed a couple small strange things that seem to be happening and I don't know if its normal or if its related to the system.

1. On the laptop itself when I first boot I could see the terminal login prompt on the screen. I could also logon without problems. After a while the screen goes black, almost like a screen saver or power save mode, and I cant make it return from the black screen, I have to reboot the laptop. The web interface and the guests still work without issue.

2. Before heading out last night I rebooted and just started 1 VM. When I returned this morning the laptop screen was black, the VM was down, and the web interface was not responding.

Any idea what could cause this?

Hi,
I think this behavior comes from your GPU.
I have the same problem with an new ATI HD R270.

Did you manage to fix this problem? I'm assuming that since this is terminal there is no graphic driver.

I install the proprietary graphic driver over ssh.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!