Host and Guests unavailable

onisokien

Oct 26, 2021
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.50.01 AM.png

Hi there,

After refreshing my web GUI, I noticed that I am unable to access my hosts and guests. I may have done some wrong configurations that I am unaware of but please if I can get any help/leads that'd be great.

Thanks!

Did you check that your storage is working? If a drive failed that looks like this. If you can access the server using SSH you should also check if pveproxy is running.

Did you check that your storage is working? If a drive failed that looks like this. If you can access the server using SSH you should also check if pveproxy is running.
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 3.37.37 PM.pngEverything works fine after every restart but after a couple minutes-an hour, it goes back to this state. I have attached a screenshot confirming pveproxy running.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 3.36.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 3.36.14 PM.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 4
And your storage? Did you check that the LVM is working?
Everything works (including the storage) at startup then stops working after sometime. One other thing I noticed is when I try to run apt update I get errors.Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.49.14 PM.png

Everything works (including the storage) at startup then stops working after sometime. One other thing I noticed is when I try to run apt update I get errors.View attachment 30821

UPDATE: My memory was maxed out and so my host kept failing.

To fix the error of proxmox not updating, I saw a forum post that suggested changing the nameserver in the /etc/resolv.conf file. Change that to Google's nameserver -> 8.8.8.8

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!