High Load is normal ? What is the normal load ?

Bidi

Renowned Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hello guys,

I allways whanted to ask this but i never had time :)

Is this the normal load a server will have ?
Or is sompting wrong with my server ?
How do i identify the VM causing this load ?
Can i get any fast infos or reports regarding the VM who have 100% Cpu Usage ? I think a VM witch struggle and is allways 100% it cause hight load, i think, i`m not sure :)

So i got a server this is one of them.

PowerEdge R810
CPU(s) 80 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 4870 @ 2.40GHz (4 Sockets)
256 GB RAM - DDR3 and all disk ar Kingston Enterprise.

CPU usage 14.19% of 80 CPU(s)
IO delay 0.01%
Load average 22.48,22.05,21.35
RAM usage 48.20% (121.40 GiB of 251.88 GiB)

I got 64 VMs on it, 15 has 1Core/1GB RAM, And other VMS has nore them 2Cores,4GB RAM, even 6Cores 12GB Ram as resources for the vms.

I Got more Servers even brand new ones EMC, not so high load but they ar not busy.

Attachments

• usage.png
    usage.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 45
64 VMs is not really few, and as long as the load avg stays below your processor core count there's nothing to worry about.
You could probably use top to find the qm process which uses a lot of cpu power.

Reactions: Bidi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!