Hetzner Storage BOX Problem Add

Dexter23

Dec 23, 2021
Hi everyone
I buy a storage box 5TB on hetzner and until a few days a go i'm able to do backup, now the storage goes "offline"
I try to adding again via Proxmox GUI and as you can see in the attached screenshoot the storage add with no problem, but i can't see the content when i click on backup is loading and after minutes give me "comunication failure (0)".
Any Ideas?

Attachments

• 2023-06-09_10-44.png
    2023-06-09_10-44.png
    40 KB · Views: 31
How did you add the storage?
Did you try connecting manually through a terminal?

I add via the GUI Datacenter>Storage ADD Cifs/samba also i try via terminal with this command:

mount.cifs -o user=<username>,pass=<password> //<username>.your-storagebox.de/backup /PATH/FOLDER

And it works if i navigate to /path/folder i see the content

But the problem still, i'm not able to see the backup when i go to the storage as you can see in the screenshoot above

Hi any ideas?

I try with my desktop client has arch linux and i have no problem connect to share folder.

Sorry, no ideas. I use Storagebox with Borgbackup over ssh. It's amazing how fast and how well it deduplicates even snapshots. I also don't think it is a good idea to use unencrypted protocols like CIFS/SMB over public internet.

I did try mounting a share for a test, and it worked fine right away. Maybe try again?

Hi i upgrade the proxmox server and try to add the storagebox i have on hetzner but it remain on scanning and not show me the folder:

1687855996007.png

if i try with a windows machine i can access the smb/cifs folder with no problem as you can see:
1687855859951.png

Attachments

• 1687855963610.png
    1687855963610.png
    33 KB · Views: 15

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!