Hetzner Network problem

DamienH

May 3, 2022
Hello every one
I try to find my answers in the froum but it seems that i miss somthing in my configuration .
Hetzner provide two type of ip address
1- Single ip address with mac-address
2- Subnet IP address
I want to use both of them in my network configuration .
I face problem with single ip address .
I configure my host just like other clients here in this froum but it didnt work for me .
Here is my network configuration :

Code:
source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp9s0
iface enp9s0 inet static
        address 248.251.179.120/27
        gateway 248.251.179.97
        up route add -net 248.251.179.96 netmask 255.255.255.224 gw 248.251.179.97 dev enp9s0
# route 248.251.179.96/27 via 248.251.179.97

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 248.251.179.120/32
        bridge-ports none
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        up ip route add 248.251.179.122/32 dev vmbr0
        up ip route add 248.251.179.124/32 dev vmbr0

I set the mac address for the network of the server but it get no network .
Can you please help me solve the problem ?

Attachments

• Proxmox-No network.PNG
    Proxmox-No network.PNG
    203.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I face problem with single ip address .
This should be for the PVE host, right?

Does the subnet work on a Linux or LXC? - is yes, this should work on the Windows VM as well (maybe you have to set the IP manually in the Window's VM)

Reactions: DamienH
This should be for the PVE host, right?

Does the subnet work on a Linux or LXC? - is yes, this should work on the Windows VM as well (maybe you have to set the IP manually in the Window's VM)
I find the problem and fix it
I install this Proxmox server with hetzner image installer and it configure the enp9s0 to static
I change it to manual and everything is fixed !
So i have go to the next level
I configure my subnet on vmbr1 and my single ips on vmbr0
My subnet is routed to one of my single ip address and i install mikrotik to have better management .
I want my subnet and my single ips reachable from one bridge .
I search the froum and i find someone suggest to use veth option .
auto veth_vmbr1 iface veth_vmbr1 inet manual link-type veth veth-peer-name veth_vmbr2 auto veth_vmbr2 iface veth_vmbr2 inet manual link-type veth veth-peer-name veth_vmbr1 auto vmbr1 iface vmbr1 inet manual bridge_ports veth_vmbr1 auto vmbr2 iface vmbr2 inet manual bridge_ports veth_vmbr2
I configure the network look like that but i cannot choose veth_vmbr0 OR veth_vmbr1 on my vms .
Also i check the netowrk there is nothing changed when i use vmbr0 i cannot assign subnet ip address Or when i use vmbr1 i cannot use single ip address there .
Can you please help me fix this ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!