[SOLVED] help with vm

i have reinstall a Proxmox server 8.0
i have an hdd with all vm os's how can I have my old vm working in new Proxmox... I reinstalled Proxmox due to fail

Hello
First of I would discourage you to reinstall Proxmox as soon as you run into a problem. There is almost always a way to recover and in trying to fix your system instead of reinstalling you lean valuable troubleshoot skills and things about Linux. If you are stuck feel free to ask for help in the forum. We are here to help :)

Now to recover your vms:

It should be possible to recover your vms, however how to do it is very different depending on your setup. Could you please describe the old one as well as the new one? Important information would be
  • How many storages did you use? How were the disks formatted? Where did you install Proxmox on?
  • Was that server part of a cluster?
  • Have you modified the disk with the vms since the re installation?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!