Help with shell command (Newbie)

genesis1

Feb 3, 2022
I'm following a tutorial but in that tutorial they did not show how they got to this: 'root@pve2/#mnt' How do i get to this? what is the command? Ive looked about online and cant find it. Im totaly new to shell commands in proxmox Any help appreciated.

Hi, can you give me the tutorial so I can have a look and understand what they want to tell you.

Ok now I understand. You mean 'root@pve2:/mnt#'

This is the console / terminal windows.

root is the user
pve2 the name of the system
:/mnt the path in which you are actually

So if you open a terminal windows or a console session you will always see something like user@host:/path#

You can get on the console in the proxmox web interface when you click on the server at the left side and then click on console. Or you can use a ssh session. When you are on windows you can use a tool like putty to connect to your pve server.

yes thats right,but how do i get to the mount path that the guy says he is already in where it shows r'oot@pve2/#mnt'..bit confused. Mine just says root@jons-server. i want to get to the #mnt directory

Last edited:
Damn....followed the tut to the end, got my usb backup drive in left column under storage, but when i click backup its not in the dropdown list, only showing local. Unlike in the video where he could get to usb, Maybe things changed in this version 7. The tut was for v6-2-6

Damn....followed the tut to the end, got my usb backup drive in left column under storage, but when i click backup its not in the dropdown list, only showing local. Unlike in the video where he could get to usb, Maybe things changed in this version 7. The tut was for v6-2-6
You have to go to Datacenter -> Storage and set "VZDump backup file" as content.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-20 um 11.31.24.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!