[Help] Unknown kernel command line parameters

LoveisKind

May 22, 2024
Proxmox keeps getting stuck on reboot but it boots up just fine when it's a cold boot (switch off power supply and let it boot up), I read up on other users having the same issues, and inserted
Code:
processor.max_cstate=0
Code:
intel_idel.max_cstate=0
Code:
panic=10
to stop it from getting stuck at reboot.Proxmox.png
But now I am getting this warning -
Code:
Unknown kernel command line parameters
, what have I done wrong?

Note - I am on the latest version of Proxmox.

Reactions: LoveisKind
processor.max_cstate=0
intel_idel.max_cstate=0
These options should mean your machine will at most use C-state C0 and none of the intel_idle specific C-states, falling back to acpi_idle. This could mean that your machine uses more power than it might need to. However, if you don't really let it idle, and you are experiencing instabilities otherwise, setting this should b e fine.

This just means that the kernel will wait for 10 seconds before rebooting when encountering a panic. It should be fine, but that might depend on your use case. If you don't experience any issues with this option, you can leave it as is.

Reactions: LoveisKind

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!