Help Setting up firewall

Jacob

Dec 17, 2017
First off, I followed this tutorial: https://www.kiloroot.com/secure-pro...d-more-how-to-configure-from-start-to-finish/ and then restart the whole node. Everything should have been good as I made sure to allow access to SSH and Web (443) on all out going containers/VMs. However everything is blocked. Once I enable to the DC firewall, no matter what I change or disable/enable even my Windows 10 VM thinks there is no network connection anymore. I'm starting to think that setting up this firewall isn't as easy as this walk-through made it seem like.

Any tips or tutorials that lay it our pretty well on how to get this working? I've setup firewalls on FreeBSD systems before and that was pretty easy compared to this tiered approach.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!