Help for multi nic network

crc-error-79

Apr 10, 2023
Italy
Hello I need an help in order to understand if I did the homework correctly. :cool:

on my homelab server I have 6 nics:

2x 1gb
- lan 250 - test only internet
- lan 220 - iot no internet (nvr)

2x 2.5 gb
- wan
- lan 201 - management

2x 10 gb
- 207 iot with internet
- 202 work

each one is connected to a linux bridge on proxmox.

pmox_bridge.png

Each one of these bridges has a virtual interface connected to a vm with pfSense.
Here I created a 5 LANs and a WAN (see below).

fpInterfacce.png

pfSense is the gateway, dns and dhcp server of each one network.

All the nics but the wan are connected to two unifi switches (an aggregation and a 24port).

On the unifi controller I created 4 vlans, then I set the right "vlan" to the its specific port

something like this:

aggregation
- port 6 (lan 207, block other) <==> 10gb nic lan 207 on proxmox server
- port 8 (lan 202, block other) <==> 10gb nic lan 202 on proxmox server

24 ports
- port 6 (lan 201, block other) <==> 1gb nic lan 201 on proxmox server
- port 8 (lan 220, block other) <==> 1gb nic lan 220 on proxmox server
- port 10 (lan 250, block other) <==> 1gb nic lan 250 on proxmox server

the switches are connected with a dac cable and the ports are set to "default" and "allow all" (as unifi default)

unifiVlan.png

everything works, but I am not sure that the procedure I did is correct for stability security and performance.

Also, is it normal that on the unifi controller for each interface I see the real mac address and the virtualized one (assigned to pfSense)?

in yellow what I see on unifi. On top there is the pfSense gateway attached to the virtual nic and on bottom the mac address of the real interface (without ip assigned)

unAggre.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!