Help! Cannot Login to Web Interface

Whitterquick

Aug 1, 2020
Hello all,

I am unable to login to the Proxmox web interface. I had no issues before but after switching the server off for a while it no longer works. I can still login to console as normal. I can still load the web interface as normal but it does not accept the login credentials (same ones used and working in terminal/command line).

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am unable to login to the Proxmox web interface. I had no issues before but after switching the server off for a while it no longer works. I can still login to console as normal. I can still load the web interface as normal but it does not accept the login credentials (same ones used and working in terminal/command line).
you can try this

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Root_Password_Reset

Make sure to choose root@pam by selecting Linux PAM standard authentication for Realm and that the root user is not disabled or locked.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!