[SOLVED] [HELP] API Token for root user has no permissions to allocate space - ansible

javierspn

Apr 15, 2023
Hi team,

I am trying to set up a container with ansible:
YAML:
---
- name: Create test container
  hosts: proxmox_standalone
  gather_facts: true
  remote_user: confmanager
  become: true

tasks:
    - name: create_container
      proxmox:
        node: kratos
        api_user: "root@pam"
        api_token_secret: "mytoken"
        api_token_id: 'mytokenid'
        api_host: "proxmox.lan"
        ostemplate: "local:vztmpl/debian-12-standard_12.2-1_amd64.tar.gz"
        storage: "local-lvm"
        disk: 4
        password: "mypassword"
        cores: "2"
        cpus: "1"
        memory: "2048"
        swap: "512"
        netif: '{"net0":"name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0"}'
        state: "present"
        hostname: "mytest"

When I execute it I get the following:
Bash:
"msg": "Pre-creation checks of lxc VM 104 failed with exception: 403 Forbidden: Permission check failed (/storage/local, Datastore.Audit|Datastore.AllocateSpace)",
    "vmid": "104"

I initially tried with another user and failed also, but I though I may not be applying the proper permissions...now if not even the root user can I am buffled.

The storage pool exists and it already has running containers:

1711582412147.png

And the api replies properly:
Bash:
curl -k -d 'username=root@pam&password=mypassword'  https://proxmox.lan:8006/api2/json/access/ticket

JSON:
{"data":{"cap":{"dc":{"Sys.Modify":1,"SDN.Use":1,"SDN.Allocate":1,"Sys.Audit":1,"SDN.Audit":1},"vms":{"VM.Config.Cloudinit":1,"VM.Config.Disk":1,"VM.Config.HWType":1,"VM.Snapshot":1,"VM.Config.Memory":1,"VM.Migrate":1,"VM.Snapshot.Rollback":1,"VM.Audit":1,"VM.Clone":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"VM.Allocate":1,"VM.Backup":1,"VM.Config.CDROM":1,"VM.Console":1,"VM.PowerMgmt":1,"VM.Config.Options":1,"VM.Config.CPU":1,"VM.Config.Network":1,"VM.Monitor":1},"mapping":{"Mapping.Modify":1,"Mapping.Audit":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"Mapping.Use":1},"nodes":{"Sys.Syslog":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"Sys.Audit":1,"Sys.Incoming":1,"Sys.Modify":1,"Sys.AccessNetwork":1,"Sys.Console":1,"Sys.PowerMgmt":1},"storage":{"Permissions.Modify":1,"Datastore.AllocateTemplate":1,"Datastore.AllocateSpace":1,"Datastore.Allocate":1,"Datastore.Audit":1},"access":{"User.Modify":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"Group.Allocate":1},"sdn":{"SDN.Use":1,"Permissions.Modify":1,"SDN.Allocate":1,"SDN.Audit":1}},"username":"root@pam","ticket":"PVE:root@pam:6604ACF2::1W5+LGYtPWx/XNMKI9Ua/vQ6DivexJ4/vWgjNQVe8c51dowibBAJvablcLUaUDuiqvX7nPklKqiNG5zwq3tbHcSK6Drun3Tmou4nep5YKLY7yNcB+cBgQnOhbpgfyeHCoh5lERfzSDtSAZJzI3s3YiDc701t20aBKrF+QTBWT2/ydjIT9bvjHr00EOzRPNwf9DIi+KYswP+oqMPNFG45Z+WaJWGGQTG1jp3ExNvQRkTR3G2U91i9U/RPyTpTUMpekwi0DPq8k2s/NPkiqDY4LH+DTjLYR7pcYYbXYPqtFP6Ub9E2NNm7CgpXDzgiS0evgpyeH2CuVvg6Dn4Yo/Napw==","CSRFPreventionToken":"6604ACF2:2bZkIdpwrTU7lStiI5ORo38FdxjLzHbTYjawrmSXSm0"}}

Regards.

I reply to myself. This is the proper way to do it:
YAML:
---
- name: Create test container
  hosts: proxmox_standalone
  gather_facts: true
  remote_user: confmanager
  become: true
  tasks:
    - name: create_container
      proxmox:
        node: kratos
        api_user: "root@pam"
        api_token_secret: "mytokensecret"
        api_token_id: 'mytokenid'
        api_host: "proxmox.lan"
        ostemplate: "local:vztmpl/debian-12-standard_12.2-1_amd64.tar.zst"
        disk: sdd-data:4
        password: "lxccontainerpass"
        cores: "2"
        cpus: "1"
        memory: "2048"
        swap: "512"
        netif: '{"net0":"name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0"}'
        state: "present"
        hostname: "mytest"

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!