Help! Accidentally deleted proxmox and it's dependencies

blinkz

Feb 8, 2014
hi,

I wanted to remove rsync on my proxmox server and I used autoremove (NOOOOOOOOB :mad::mad::mad:) now I can't connect to my proxmox user interface. My VM's are still running but I don't know how to get out this problem.

I tried to reinstall with the .deb packages but I have problems with dependencies...

Hope someone can help me sto solve this :/

Thanks

post your sources.list

what an "apt-get install proxmox-ve-YOUR VERSION NUMBER" do?

As system say:
  1. E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Be sure to have a valid backup before.

It seems a problem with file system mount point. (search for "Transport endpoint is not connected" in google and you will see a lot of related problems)

I'm not sure what to do. A server restart can be a solution, which will remount all the pve filesystem (I hope).
But to be sure, I will wait for a proxmox staff answer.

I finally managed to get the interface half working after trying to update all the package and multi reboot.Now the interface is freezed and I can't do anything, my VM are working but i'm looking for a proper re-installation without formatting if it's possible

Here it is :

1. ii clvm 2.02.98-pve4 amd64 Cluster LVM Daemon for lvm2
  2. ii corosync-pve 1.4.5-1 amd64 Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules)
  3. ii dmsetup 2:1.02.77-pve4 amd64 Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
  4. ii fence-agents-pve 4.0.5-1 amd64 fence agents for redhat cluster suite
  5. ii libcorosync4-pve 1.4.5-1 amd64 Standards-based cluster framework (libraries)
  6. ii libdevmapper-event1.02.1:amd64 2:1.02.77-pve4 amd64 Linux Kernel Device Mapper event support library
  7. ii libdevmapper1.02.1:amd64 2:1.02.77-pve4 amd64 Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
  8. ii liblvm2app2.2:amd64 2.02.98-pve4 amd64 LVM2 application library
  9. ii libopenais3-pve 1.1.4-3 amd64 Standards-based cluster framework (libraries)
  10. ii libpve-access-control 3.0-11 amd64 Proxmox VE access control library
  11. ii libpve-common-perl 3.0-14 all Proxmox VE base library
  12. ii libpve-storage-perl 3.0-19 all Proxmox VE storage management library
  13. ii lvm2 2.02.98-pve4 amd64 Linux Logical Volume Manager
  14. ii openais-pve 1.1.4-3 amd64 Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules)
  15. ii pve-cluster 3.0-12 amd64 Cluster Infrastructure for Proxmox Virtual Environment
  16. ii pve-firmware 1.1-2 all Binary firmware code for the pve-kernel
  17. ii pve-kernel-2.6.32-26-pve 2.6.32-114 amd64 The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
  18. ii pve-kernel-2.6.32-27-pve 2.6.32-121 amd64 The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
  19. ii pve-libspice-server1 0.12.4-3 amd64 SPICE remote display system server library
  20. ii pve-manager 3.2-1 amd64 The Proxmox Virtual Environment
  21. ii pve-qemu-kvm 1.7-4 amd64 Full virtualization on x86 hardware
  22. ii redhat-cluster-pve 3.2.0-2 amd64 Red Hat cluster suite
  23. ii resource-agents-pve 3.9.2-4 amd64 resource agents for redhat cluster suite
  24. ii tar 1.27.1+pve.1 amd64 GNU version of the tar archiving utility
  25. ii vzctl 4.0-1pve5 amd64 OpenVZ - server virtualization solution - control tools

26. mount

27. sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
  28. proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
  29. udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=2042251,mode=755)
  30. devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
  31. tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=1635812k,mode=755)
  32. /dev/mapper/pve-root on / type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered)
  33. tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
  34. tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=3271600k)
  35. fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
  36. /dev/mapper/pve-data on /var/lib/vz type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered)
  37. /dev/md0 on /boot type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered)
  38. rpc_pipefs on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
  39. /dev/fuse on /etc/pve type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other)
  40. beancounter on /proc/vz/beancounter type cgroup (rw,relatime,blkio,name=beancounter)
  41. container on /proc/vz/container type cgroup (rw,relatime,freezer,devices,name=container)
  42. fairsched on /proc/vz/fairsched type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,name=fairsched)
  43. /dev/mapper/RAID5-liehr on /mnt/RAID5/clients/liehr type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
  44. /dev/mapper/RAID5-tpv on /mnt/RAID5/clients/tpv type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
  45. /dev/mapper/RAID5-storage--quickordi on /mnt/RAID5/quickordi type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
  46. /dev/mapper/RAID5-dsi on /mnt/RAID5/clients/dsi type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Do you want the syslog ?I think it's working fine now, i tought there was a problem with the web interface but not.Seem the apt-get update and apt-get remove/install proxmox + reboot finally worked fine, I don't have any error when i'm booting up the system.The only problem was my VM wasn't recognized so I had to create a new and attach the image to it.Thanks :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!