HEALTH_WARN 1 daemons have recently crashed

node1

Mar 28, 2019
Dallas, TX
I have a Ceph warning in the PVE UI that won't resolve. The OSD is up and running. Is there a way to manually clear this alert?

1 daemons have recently crashed
osd.9 crashed on host prox-node4a at 2020-01-02 07:28:12.665310Z

thanks stark,
happened to me on the 17th of Jan.
many thanks
Damon

Is there a period defined that removes errors from gui if not present anymore? I had a error too, it was fixed, but warning did not get away from gui. Can someone share details how ceph errors are handeled in proxmox gui?

Edit: I know howto do it via cli, but is there any check proxmox does to remove them automatically without manual action from users?

Last edited:
i used today on command line:

Bash:
ceph crash ls

that gives a list of archived and new crashes.
then you can archive your crash:

Bash:
ceph crash archive 2020-10-29_03:47:12.641232Z_843e3d9d-bc56-46dc-8175-9026fa7f44a4

(you must replace the id with your values of course)
(sorry, did not see that you want a GUI solution)

Last edited:
Reactions: jsterr
Why appear this Warnings ??, what is the problem Ceph or Proxmox if the solution is to archived (ceph crash archive-all) , do have permanent solution for this

Luis

Why appear this Warnings ??, what is the problem Ceph or Proxmox if the solution is to archived (ceph crash archive-all) , do have permanent solution for this

Luis

Its not that you archive the error and it still exists. If you see this error you need to check the PREVIOUSLY crashed service like maybe the MON-service and look why it has crashed. Means everything is fine, but something WAS not fine in the past.

To be fair I dont know if this errors will automatically disappear after a period of time, it maybe should to avoid confusion?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!