HDD (5) not format to gpt

luca63

Jul 9, 2023
Good morning everyone.I have a big problem, I am trying to format 5 HDs and then create a container for saving data.My problem is that I can only see one HD at a time without being able to make pools.The strange thing is that I can initialise maybe 3 of them with GPT and then one disappears not giving me the possibility to create a pool. What could it be?

Maybe a power issue, where the 5V or 12V line drops too low when a few drives are active? Did those drives in that system work fine before or did you recently install them? It could also be memory corruption. Anything relevant in journalctl (use the arrow keys to scroll to the time of the issues)?

Maybe a power issue, where the 5V or 12V line drops too low when a few drives are active? Did those drives in that system work fine before or did you recently install them? It could also be memory corruption. Anything relevant in journalctl (use the arrow keys to scroll to the time of the issues)?
yes now that you have given me a doubt it could indeed be power failure, when there were 3 HDs they worked perfectly, now I will try with 4 :)

:)well miraculously 4 HDs have come to light, it means I only use those or another method of cloud

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!