Have you tried removing pve-ha-manager?

dsjstc

Dec 24, 2021
I'd really like to have OpenMediaVault coexist side-by-side with Proxmox, and I'm apparently not the only one. This is largely because OMV doesn't virtualize or containerize very well -- it really wants access to the bare disks.

The only obvious impediment to this is that OMV *requires* a package called Watchdog, which is an PVE conflict, presumably because of the competing service Watchdog-mux in pve-ha-manager.

I have no need for HA, have none of the components active, and I'm tempted to modify the PVE package to remove the requirement. Will this cause me a world of hurt?

The wonderful `votdev` at OMV removed the custom watchdog dependency in favour of the builtin systemd watchdog -- so the master branch of OMV now coexists quite nicely on bare metal with PVE, giving all their awesome hardware management tools direct access to the silicon.

Highly recommended if you have the patience to jump through figuring out all the dependencies necessary for a fresh build.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!