Hardware Compatibility List > Component Level?

JakeIT

Mar 27, 2023
Dear All,

I have been a PVE user for a while, I am also a corporate director of IT. And a have been strongly advocating Proxmox - particularly for its ability to run TPMv2 on legacy hosts as well as new ones.

The core of my cluster will be DL360Gen10's Gold or Platinum Xeons and 8 x 1GBe Nics and 2 x 10Gbe SPF+ Storage to SAN Nics for iSCSI.

I am concerned about the cost - and then finding out that somehow a Nic is not supported or .. somesuch other major compatibility issue that will never turn up in lab environments.

Can anyone point me to an exact hardware compatibility list ? or will it certainly support hardware of this type?

Proxmox uses Debian as the OS.

Over at debian.org should tell you what hardware is supported.

Debian just runs the vanilla Linux kernel, IMO.

Proxmox does offer the 5.x LTS kernel and the 6.x kernel for newer hardware.

Jup, but the kernel is custom and based on Ubuntu LTS. So you might also have a look at hardware compatibility with latest Ubuntu LTS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!