HARD DRIVES PROBLEMS

tedyves90

Oct 28, 2021
Hi all,

Please excuse me, I'll be a bit long. I am new to proxmox. My concern is as follows:
So at the start of my installation I format my 2 physical hard drives so that they are recognized by proxmox. Now I would like to reuse one of these disks, ie the one on which the proxmox installation is not there to use it under windows. When I plug it into windows it is not recognized. Anyone know how to do it please?

Thank you

hi,

for windows to recognize the disk you'll most likely have to reformat it to another filesystem that windows can recognize (like NTFS or FAT), though this would delete the data on that drive.

hi,

for windows to recognize the disk you'll most likely have to reformat it to another filesystem that windows can recognize (like NTFS or FAT), though this would delete the data on that drive.
Thank you for the answer.
But the concern I do not know how to do.
I tried with formatting in windows by putting the affected disk externally, it is not recognized so that I can do anything. I tried with EASUS PARTITION, it still does not see the disk, even under linux, I cannot see it to format it as (NTFS or FAT32)

I tried with formatting in windows by putting the affected disk externally, it is not recognized so that I can do anything. I tried with EASUS PARTITION, it still does not see the disk, even under linux, I cannot see it to format it as (NTFS or FAT32)
hmm, so you're unable to see the disk in linux as well? if it doesn't show up in lsblk output or fdisk -l output i'd start thinking there's some issue with the hardware.

for formatting the disk (if you can see the device in linux), you can use mkfs.fat -F 32 /dev/yourdisk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!