hard disks not showing up

vicesig

Jul 10, 2023
hello! i am running a server with 32gb DDR3 RAM and a couple of E5645. I'm running Proxmox 7 fully updated.
I have 3 SAS HDD, 146gb each, and all of them are in the same LVM. They are the original HDDs that came with the server.
I added three 1tb SATA HDD HGST to the machine. AFAIK they are empty and clean, i just bought them from a reseller that sells refurbished hardware and put them in.
In ILO, I can see them just fine, but proxmox doesn't see them. If I do "lsblk" I don't see them either. What should I do?

Update... the proxmox installation does not seem to notice that there are 8 hosts in the SCSI and only sees the ones that were populated at the time of installation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!