[SOLVED] Happy new year!

Dunuin

Distinguished Member
Jun 30, 2020
Germany
Happy new year everyone!
May you not be forced to restore your backups this year or atleast only willingly to upgrade your servers with some nice new hardware. :)

I wanted to use this opportunity to thank the Proxmox staff members for the great work last year. Last year I've upgraded my PVE from 6.3 over 6.4 and 7.0 to 7.1 as well as PBS from 1.1 over 2.0 to 2.1 and all went totally fine without any problems that couldn't be solved within a day. And thats especially great because my PVE is running on an encrypted Debian and my PBS on an Debian inside a TrueNAS VM, so I thought I should run into more troubles.

And I really appreciate that the staff is answering everyones questions, if you got a subscription or not and it looks to me as if the people doing the support are also doing the coding at the same time. I guess that way its not an easy task to make everyone happy, because someone will always complain about missing features or about unanswered posts, but you can't allocate 100% of your time to both of it. But I really like it that way, because if there really is a big problem you will sooner or later get some professional help from people who undestand the code and can really help. Thats great when you just run a small home lab where downtime won't cost you money so waiting some days wouldn't be a problem. And if the downtime is a real financial problem you should get a subscription anyway to be able to use tickets for a guaranteed fast answer and to support the developement. I really wish more companies would offer such a support we get here.

And a community support is only as good as the community that is willing to help each other by sharing knowlage and experiences. So I also want to thank the complete community for a great year. I had alot of fun discussing with like-minded people, learned alot from other users here in the forums. I especially want to thank all the people like avw, LnxBil, spirit, fireon, guletz and many more that regularily help other people out so that the staff members can concentrate on answering the hard stuff or adding more features. Also a big thanks to all the bloggers writing some great tutorials, all the programmers that share their scripts on github (thanks again vashvampir for the great zabbix template) and all the Youtubers like Jeff with his vGPU tutorial series and Tim that brought me to Proxmox.

So good luck to everybody and carry on, so we see another great year!

Last edited:
Huge thanks for the positive words for the new year - Things like these also motivate us a lot.

And specifically to you - thanks for all the time you spend here in helping our community with their issues - very much appreciated (and noticed)!

Have a great start into 2022!

Reactions: bobmc and Dunuin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!