HA migration error 239

tomatogoatee

Jun 5, 2012
I've setup a four-server HA cluster using PM 3.4. Each machine has 4 disks in the ceph storage pool. I created a VM on the first node (using ceph as the storage) just fine and am able to migrate it back and forth between the first three nodes with no problem. When I try to send it to the fourth node, however, I get the error:
Code:
Executing HA migrate for VM 101 to node pmhabu04
Trying to migrate pvevm:101 to pmhabu04...Failed; service running on original owner
TASK ERROR: command 'clusvcadm -M pvevm:101 -m pmhabu04' failed: exit code 239
I have tried rebooting all four servers (cman and rgmanager are not starting automatically, which is a different issue), but I still get the same error when I try to migrate to the fourth node.

As a side note, when I shutdown all the machines, I left the VM parked on the second node. When I rebooted them and started the VM, it immediately jumped to the first node (rather than staying on the second node, as I would have expected).

And before it's suggested, I don't want to move to PM4 as this cluster is to match our existing cluster and act as an exact clone in a second office.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!