HA in only 2 nodes without documentation on Proxmox website

1 - in case of using VG your VMS use RAW partition
2 - if you vant to extend or reduse jusr make lvresize on proxmoxve host (lvresize -L+5G /dev/VGR0/vm--101 ) and then resize2fs into your vm (in case of Windows VMS you need livecd with hdd tools). I tryed to migrate from VirtualBox to ProxMox - i made raw virtual hdd from VBox, and then dd if=/home/user/vbox.raw of=/dev/VGR0/vm--101 and it starts without any problems.
3 - backups makes with lvmsnapshots, KVM VMs just work for me without any configuration issues. Live migration works fine too.

I have no experience with OVZ containers, but i think that OVZ containers can't use VG as storage. If you want to use HA OVZ containers, you need to create another two drbd resource and then make fs for it, mount in some directorys and then add this directorys to Proxmox storage. But it's just my opinion, i have no experience with ovz yet. (My ProxMox exp = 2 weeks, but i use drbd and handmaded cluster with bash-scripting and VirtualBox for three years)

4 = 3
5 - my native language is Russian)

Thank you very much popovd.pro, i like the command 'lvresize -L+5G /dev/VGR0/vm--101'.
I will practice with this command to reduce and enlarge for KVM and OPenVZ, I will be very useful.
If you like, I can tell you about my experiences

Note: That would be good if Proxmox have these functions in his graphical console.

Best regards
cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!