Gui Shell and Console concerns

Dec 24, 2022
Is it normal for the proxmox gui shell to timeout after being inactive for 1-3 minutes?
Is it normal for the proxmox gui console to refresh and reconnect after about 30 seconds of inactivity?

For e.x. If i am using shell to run commands or updates it times out after a minute or so. I get a connection closed code 1006 and have to refresh to bring shell back up.
With the console i can open a console to one of my vms it comes up and seems to stay connected if im doing something on it. if i let it set for 30seconds or so it will say connecting and reconnect. The tasks at bottom of screen print a new entry every time it connects.

Is this normal behavior and if so how do I increase the amount of time before it happens?

I figured it out. I use HAproxy and the client and server timeouts were set to 30 seconds. Therefore after 30 seconds of inactivity the proxy refreshed connection.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!