[SOLVED] GUI/CONF Network configuration being ignored

motoboy82

Mar 19, 2015
Spent a couple hours today working on testing a couple restores of openvz/lxc containers and ran into some network trouble. I was able to figure out the cause and hope the below helps others as well.

Symptoms were network config would not be written to the container but you could manually configure CentOS 7.

Cause: Undefined subroutine &PVE::Network::is_ip_in_cidr
Solution: manually update perl package PVE::Network in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Network.pm from GIT at *** won't let me post anything with a link
Why: It appears there were some changes made to the /usr/share/perl5/PVE/LXC/Setup/Redhat.pm perl module which depended on an updated /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Network.pm that were not yet available via apt-get update & upgrade, specifically the is_ip_in_cidr function and was causing an error on lxc container start. Once this was updated that worked - mostly. But that was another problem (maybe with something specific to my environemnt)

Version: ProxMox V4 updated to latest via apt-get update & upgrade.

This was pretty much a fresh install to which then I did an update on and had this issue. If there is a place I should file a bug report to let me know. It's working fine on my system after this quick fix which took a bit to track down.

I generated a patch to save some people some digging - hope it helps.
(edit: never mind the site wouldn't allow me to include that with the "CODE" tag as i guess it appeared to look like links or something.)

I am facing the exact same problem. Can you please post the repository at Github where you found that file? Much appreciated :)

I hope at some later point this bug will get fixed so I can pull in the updates again.
I noticed that the "upgrade" button in the proxmox interface is grayed out, while on another server of mine, I am getting new updates. I checked the apt sources, but they all seem to be in order.
I am not sure if it is wise to continue with a system that is unable to upgrade.
Hopefully somebody at proxmox will see this post :)

The following packages have been kept back:
libpve-common-perl

Why?

Solution:
run the command apt-get dist-upgrade to update held back packages.
I ran it and it solved my network problem immediately

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!